“SPIN is unique in its focus on the positive. When you lower teachers’ anxiety level it makes them open to learning.”
-Norma Silva, Director Charter School
Para Los Ninos, CA
We provide educational leaders with direct training/coaching through SPIN Video Interaction Guidance® to improve their own leadership skills.
Educational Leaders may also receive teacher training.
We have tailored programs at all levels, from early childhood settings to secondary schools. We offer two programs:
Principals and heads of schools can choose SPIN®USA’s individualized, strengths-based executive coaching program to focus on their own leadership, supervisory and team building skills. This is a direct training program, where senior SPIN®USA trainers directly coach school administrators.
HOW SPIN®USA COACHES USE THE BASIC SPIN CYCLE WITH SCHOOL LEADERS
Filming – Make a short 10 minute video of the director, principal or head of school working with individuals or groups.
Analysis – Analyze and edit the video to highlight the interactions that are most effective in achieving desired goals to set new goals, and to plan collaborative review.
Collaborative Review – View selected video to highlight and review strengths, point the direction for change, teach skills in detailed one-on-one coaching sessions.
ADVANTAGES OF SPIN EXECUTIVE COACHING FOR PRINCIPALS AND HEADS OF SCHOOLS
- Hone the leadership skills that will enable you to create a school culture with a shared vision and shared investment in realizing that vision.
- Empower your team.
- Conduct meetings that build collaborative thinking toward goal achievement.
- Strengthen morale.
- Create learning environments in which teachers and students thrive.
We provide training to educational leaders to use SPIN Video Interaction Guidance® to coach teachers at all levels from early childhood settings to secondary schools.
BUILDING A TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM AT YOUR SITE
- Planning Meeting
A senior SPIN®USA trainer meets with you to design a training program that fits your school setting and culture.
- Introductory Training Course
Selected trainees (principal, head of school, and/or mentor teachers) attend a three-day intro course.
- Monthly Training
Trainees immediately begin using the Basic SPIN cycle of filming, analysis and collaborative review with teachers. The training program provides each trainee with monthly, structured individual and group training/supervision.
Principals, head teachers, or mentor teachers work toward certification over 12 months of regular practice and supervision.
The school, coaches and teachers experience the training benefits right away, since trainees start to work with teachers immediately after completing the intro session.
HOW SPIN EDUCATIONAL COACHES USE THE BASIC SPIN CYCLE WITH TEACHERS
Filming – Make a short 10 minute video of classroom staff working with children.
Analysis – Analyze and edit the video to highlight the most effective interactions and practice in the classroom, to set goals for new skills, and to plan collaborative review.
Collaborative Review – In the direct training the analysis is done by the SPIN trainer. In the train-the-trainer program, the internal trainer is trained to do the analysis and collaborative review with the staff.
WHY WILL OUR TRAINING BE EFFECTIVE IN YOUR SCHOOL?
- Provides a strengths-based approach to teacher training.
- Helps classroom staff (teachers and aides) identify, understand and build their own best practice skills.
- Builds competence and enhances motivation for professional growth and development.
- Correlates the nature and quality of teacher-student relationships to improved motivation and learning outcomes for children.
- Makes the link between “what children learn” and “how teachers teach”.
- Develops teachers who can motivate students to become competent and confident as learners, thinkers and doers who can persist in a learning situation.
- Brings immediate results.